PARKING AND VEHICLE ACCESS TO The INCUBA
Access to The INCUBA is via Brewers Hill Road, LU6 1AA.
Parking at The INCUBA is limited and there are 56 marked car parking spaces available on a first come first served basis. Please buzz reception at the barrier to gain access to the car park. Parking cannot be reserved in advance. Please advise your attendees to your event that alternative means of arrival should be used.
Sheltered cycle parking spaces are available on site.
The INCUBA recommend the use of the new Luton and Dunstable busway. The Dunstable High Street North stop requires less than a 5 minute walk from the stop to The INCUBA. Please contact http://www.grantpalmer.com/timetables.html for any timetable queries.
Any vehicle on site shall not be parked so as to cause an obstruction at the entrance to, or exits from The INCUBA. Where marked parking is available, this must be used only, and in any case users of The INCUBA should avoid undue noise on arrival and departure.
The INCUBA/Central Bedfordshire College cannot accept responsibility for damage to, or the loss or theft of, visitor’s personal property and effects including vehicles and property left in the car park.
PEDESTRIAN ACCESS TO THE VENUE
Access to the venue is via the main entrance at the front of the building. If access is required through alternative doors The INCUBA team must be advised on the Room Hire Booking Form.
The placing of goods and equipment within the venue must not block any doorways or contravene any fire regulations.
On NO account can any exit route or exit door be blocked at any time.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF USE OF THE INCUBA
All use of The INCUBA premises and facilities are subject to the users accepting responsibility for returning all furniture and equipment to their original position, and for securing doors and windows.
All users shall leave the premises and surrounds in a clean and tidy condition as they were found and without damage.
Temporary fixings to walls and paintwork are not permitted and this includes the use of blu/white tac.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF USE OF THE INCUBA contd.
The hirer or person in charge of the activity shall not be under the age of 18 years and shall be on the premises for the entire period of hire, or duration of the activity. The person in charge shall not be engaged in any duties or under the influence of any substance which may prevent him/her from exercising general supervision
Organisations or individuals:
Must ensure that the General Rules governing the use of the INCUBA, as supplied, are complied with:
- Should, on making the booking, inform The INCUBA of requirements as to the provision of equipment, such as, projector, etc., and shall be responsible for any charges thereby incurred.
- All room hire is provisional and will be removed after two weeks unless a completed booking form with either a purchase order number or payment in advance is received. Hire is only confirmed when a booking reference number is by The
- Will, during the period of hire, be responsible for the supervision of the facility, protection of the fabric and contents, safety from damage however slight, or change of any sort, and the behaviour of all persons using the facility whatever their capacity
- Will be responsible for making arrangement to insure against any third party claims which may lie against an individual or organisation whilst using The Incuba
- Must not use the facility for any unlawful activity, nor do anything or bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the premises, users, or any insurance policies relating thereto.
- Shall not conduct any immoral or illegal activities.
- Shall indemnify The INCUBA for the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the property or contents during or as a result of the hire.
- Shall pay the cost of hire to The INCUBA either in advance or on invoice where a purchase order is supplied by the hirer. Organisations or individuals wishing to cancel a booking may be asked to pay the cost of hire as per the cancellation policy.
- Please note where the booking form indicates photocopying is requested charges will be added to your invoice, please ensure purchase orders will allow for this extra cost. Where room hire is paid for in advance photocopying must be paid at time of request of the copying. A receipt will be issued for the person(s) paying for copying. Current copy charges can be found on the room hire booking form.
- We can now accept payment by card. Please be advised credit card payments cannot be refunded onto the card and must be refunded by Cheque or Bacs payment, in line with Central Bedfordshire College refund policy and subject to The Incuba Terms and conditions
Litter shall not be dropped in or about The INCUBA premises; it must be disposed of in the waste bins provided. This includes cigarette ends.
Except in the case of trained dogs for blind and deaf people, animals are not permitted on The INCUBA premises.
Hirers and organisers of events in The INCUBA are responsible for ensuring that the noise levels of their function is not such as to interfere with other activities within the building nor to cause inconvenience for our neighbours.
The INCUBA is a non-smoking building. Smoking is not permitted anywhere except from the designated smoking area. This is located in the car park by the fire meeting point.
LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY
The INCUBA/Central Bedfordshire College cannot accept responsibility for damage to, or the loss or theft of, visitor’s personal property and effects.
Where written cancellation is received by The INCUBA within 14 days but before 7 days of the hire period then The INCUBA are entitled to keep 25% of the fee and additional charges. If cancellation is within 7 days of the hire period then 100% of the fee and additional charges will be non-refundable.
Any Fire alarm test will be notified to the event organiser or the host on arrival.
Discovery of Fire
1) Raise the alarm immediately
2) Follow the notes under ACTION
3) Do not attempt to tackle the fire
If the alarm sounds (other than the pre-notified test)
- Leave the building by the nearest available exit route. Fire exits are located either side of the building.
- Do not hang around gathering personal belongings
- Do not use the lift
4) Proceed to the assembly point which is in the car park furthest away from the road.
REPORTING OF ACCIDENTS / INCIDENTS
All visitors of The INCUBA are required to report all accidents and near miss incidents using forms located in The INCUBA reception.
For serious accidents the emergency services should be called first.
For minor accidents call Reception who will notify one of the First Aid Officers in the building.
GENERAL HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
The INCUBA will pay particular attention to the provision of:
- A healthy working environment,
- A safe place in which to work with safe means of access to and egress from it,
- Suitable and sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision to enable all staff, volunteers and visitors to comply with the Health and Safety Policy,
- Safe plant, equipment and systems of work,
- Arrangement for safe use, handling and storage of equipment, articles and materials,
- Appropriate management procedures and consultative arrangements to monitor and audit compliance with the Health and Safety Policy,
- Appropriate arrangements to assess and control the risks associated with work and activities undertaken by organisations within The INCUBA,
- Appropriate procurement policies to ensure that only competent and ethical contractors and suppliers are engaged by The INCUBA
To assist in the implementation of the Health and Safety policy, The INCUBA management will consult appropriate external sources of information and expertise.
Nothing shall be done which will endanger the users of the building, and the policies of insurance relating to it and to its contents. In particular:
- All conditions attached to the granting of the INCUBA Public Entertainment Licences, stage play or other licences shall be strictly observed
- Obstructions must not be placed in gangways or exits, nor in front of emergency exits, which must be immediately available for free public egress.
- The emergency lighting supply must be turned on during the whole time the premises are occupied, and must illuminate all exit signs and routes.
- Fire-fighting apparatus shall be kept in its proper place and only used for its intended purpose.
- The Fire Brigade shall be called to any outbreak of fire, however slight, and details of the occurrence shall be reported to The INCUBA
- Performances involving danger to the public shall not be given and will not be authorised.
Safety Requirements contd.
- Highly flammable substances shall not be brought onto, into, or used, in any part of the premises.
- No internal decorations of a combustible nature shall be taken or erected without consent.
- No unauthorised heating appliances shall be used on the premises.
- A first aid box shall be readily available to all users of the premises. It will be located at The INCUBA Any accident, injury or near miss must be reported to The INCUBA Reception.
- All electrical equipment brought into the INCUBA shall comply with the ‘Electricity at Work Regulations, 1989’; all equipment must be PAT tested.
- The use of ladders must be carried out by the approval of Central Bedfordshire College Estates Manager. Method Statements may be required.
- Care must be taken to minimise the hazards of loose cables and must be secured wherever possible.
RISK ASSESSMENT AND MANAGEMENT
The INCUBA users must ensure that every activity to be undertaken has been subjected to assessment for health and safety prior to the activity starting. A written record of the assessment must be completed, identifying significant hazards and describing preventative measures required to avoid or eliminate, reduce or control the risks.
The control measures shall be implemented and adequately maintained and records kept of any monitoring or maintenance of equipment undertaken. The records shall be kept as long as the relative statutory provision stipulates.
Assessment must be regularly reviewed, every year, or when any significant changes occur to the process or requirements of assessment.
It is the responsibility of The INCUBA to monitor the implementation of the Health & Safety Policy, to assess whether the policy is being actively and effectively pursued and whether satisfactory outcomes are being achieved.